Traveling out of Los Angeles International Airport over the next few days? Here are six things you need to know to prepare for the monumental move at LAX, now through Wednesday:
• Give yourself time — even more than usual when flying out of LAX. Airport officials advise tacking on an extra hour to your normal plans.
• Plan before you go. Check in online with your airline and find out your departure terminal and gate. LAX’s website, www.laxishappening.com, has constant updates.
• Look on social media. Airlines and the airport are using #LAXontheMove to get the word out on Twitter. And there will be updates on the airport’s Facebook page.
• Don’t forget that some flights will check in at one terminal but depart from another.
• Look for help — in green. There will be plenty of signage all over and more than 200 green-vested guides to steer confused travelers around the project.
• Wind up at the wrong terminal? Green buses will be circling around the LAX terminal loop to ferry passengers to and from terminals.